Sunday, February 15, 2015

drybar Georgetown

I've wanted to try drybar since it opened in Georgetown and figured Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion. It was  a huge relief to not have to worry about my doing my hair for my Valentine's Day date. After researching, I decided the $40 blowout was worth a try! I wasn’t sure what to expect for pricing and after shopping around it seems about $25-$30 is typical. While drybar may be more expensive, I was going for the experience.

The Build Up
I called in advance to discuss the texture and length of my hair to make sure the 45 minute appointment would be enough time. A few friends of mine have gone to drybar and advised me to be very specific when telling the drybar stylist what I wanted. I looked at drybar’s menu online and Pinterest to find picture to show to my stylist. I went for the Cosmo, I fell I love with the picture online and showed it to my stylist. I love the way the loose curls and waves shape her face. 


The Experience
 I arrived about 10 minutes early and the Stylist took me right back. The salon looked exactly as I imagined, full of whites and clean lines, it is beautiful. First the stylist washed my hair then got start on the blow dry.  After drying my hair, the stylist used a curling iron to get the curls. My stylist was extremely nice and friendly, she made me feel  comfortable and it was fun to watch her technique.

The Georgetown location doesn’t serve alcohol; this was a bit of a letdown for me. I was looking forward to a glass of bubbly to go with the drybar experience. The front desk representative informed me that they are the only location that does not serve alcohol (note to self: go to Bethesda).   They did serve me a refreshing glass of water with lemon.




The Finished Product
I was a bit disappointment in my blow out. When my stylist turned me around to see it and said “Let me know if you want me to do any tweaks.” I thought, I don’t even know where to begin.  Yes, my hair looked great but it wasn’t what I expected. I expected the shaping to be more… well, shaped. The long drawn out waves did not match the tight layers I had hoped for. I think I may have had too high of expectations. 
        
Photo Credit: www.drybar.com

My friend, Sabrina, went for the Mai Tai and her hair looked a-ma-zing. Seriously, out of this world. It matched her picture exactly. On this note, I am willing to try drybar again, preferably the Bethesda location. All in all, it was a fun experience and I didn’t have to worry about doing my hair that day.
Photo Credit: www.drybar.com

After my blow out, I purchased the treatment oil for $35. I have extremely curly and dry hair so I use oil in my hair daily. I was running out on my current product and thought, why not? So far, so good… it smells great, the packaging is adorable and it leaves my hair shiny and frizz free! 

Photo Credit: www.drybar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment