Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Affordable, Comfortable, Functional, Fashionable Workout Clothing

Let’s face it… as good as your post- workout feels, it can be hard to get motivated and fit in a workout with your busy schedule. Like the rest of the world, I decided my New Year resolution was to make 2015 about being healthy and fit.   To help stay motivated, I purchased new workout attire and hit the gym. Fashionable workout attire can make you feel confident and excited to work out. What I quickly noticed is that I was spending an insane amount of money on workout clothing that I wear for an hour and then put in the laundry bin (Unless of course, I wear them to run my errands like Starbucks, the grocery store, etc.). I was in search of workout clothing that is affordable, functional, comfortable and fashionable.  It’s no surprise that I am in love with the lululemon brand (as we all are) however, I am not so in love with their prices. After shopping around I quickly found an alternative to the lululemon price with the same general look and comfort.

Over the past year or so I began shopping at Old Navy again. I quickly found that they have been modeling their clothing line after JCREW and workout line after lululemon. The active wear meets all of the criteria: affordable, functional, comfortable and fashionable. At workout classes friends would say “Oh, cute top. Is that lulu?” and when I responded with “No, It’s Old Navy!” their jaws would drop. A pair of pants that would costs $100+ I could purchase for only $30. Don’t get me wrong, I splurge on expensive workout attire here and there for statement items but I purchase the majority at Old Navy and sometimes Target.

I suggest deciding what items are a must have and which one that you can purchase for less. For example, my lululemon must have is sports bras. They had a firm hold and allow me to only wear one sports bra (normally I need 2), there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable during a workout. I also like their headbands. Yoga pants, spandex, workout tanks, and half zips I all purchase from Old Navy. 


      Old Navy






 . 







All Photos are taken from OldNavy.com & lululemon.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment